Igloo building workshop
Survive in ‘eternal ice’ right in the Ötztaler Alps! You will be introduced to a variety of different techniques that can be applied to build a secure sleeping place in the snow. Experienced guides assist you in building your igloo. A minimum number of participants is four people. If you book the tour as a smaller group, another group might join you for the activity.
- 10 AM Meeting point at the Panorama Restaurant in Hochötz (reachable by gondola from the Acherkogelbahn in Ötz)
- 10 AM – 12 PM Becoming familiar with the different techniques and starting with building the igloo
- 12 – 13 AM Lunch break in the Balbach Alm
- 13 – 15.30 PM Finishing the igloo
- 15.30 – 16 PM A final drink at Schneedorf
Dress code for the igloo building workshop:
- Multiple layers of winter-proof clothes
- Waterproof shoes and thick socks
- Long thermo underwear
- Thick gloves and beanie
- Dress as warm as possible since we are building igloos at 2000 meters above sea level!
In case you have your overnight stay in an igloo straight after the workshop we recommend you to bring an additional pair of gloves, socks, thermo underwear, shoes and a beanie.
- Trained and experienced guides
- Tools and equipment
- Final drink
Additional costs: €99,- per person.